The rating includes only two active players.
Authoritative site Squawka has compiled a rating of the best Central defenders in the history of the English Premier League.
In the first place is the former captain of Chelsea John Terry. Second place went to the legendary defender of Manchester United Rio Ferdinand, and the top three locked ex-player of Tottenham and Arsenal, Sol Campbell.
Note that of the active players in the rankings only Vincent Kompany (Manchester city, is now playing at Anderlecht) and Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool).
Top 15 Central defenders the Premier League version of Squawka:
1. John Terry (Chelsea)
2. Rio Ferdinand (West ham, Leeds, Manchester United, QPR)
3. Sol Campbell (Tottenham, Arsenal, Portsmouth)
4. Tony Adams (Arsenal)
5. Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United)
6. Gary Pallister (Manchester United, Middlesbrough)
7. Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea)
8. Steve Bruce (Manchester United)
9. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
10. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton, Liverpool)
11. Jaap Stam (Manchester United)
12. Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)
13. Sami Hyypiä (Liverpool)
14. Kolo Toure (Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool)
15. Ledli King (Tottenham)
Previously portal Squawka has published a list of the best coaches in the history of the Champions League.
According to the materials: