The new American sanctions have to block construction of Nord stream-2
Company representatives explained to senators how Russia can build the pipeline in existing sanctions and offered them an extension.
To expand sanctions against North stream-2 us senators persuaded by the arguments of the Ukrainian Naftogaz, which has managed to explain how Russia can independently complete the construction of this pipeline even in the face of existing sanctions. This was stated by the press service of Naftogaz.
Representatives of the company, in particular, said that Russia could use for the construction of the pipe-laying vessel Akademik Chersky and fortune”.
While the company believes that the adoption of a new sanctions bill will help “stop the construction of the Russian pipeline threat for Europe”.
- “Naftogaz will continue raising campaign in the United States and the EU with the aim to protect Ukrainian, European and transatlantic interests in the sphere of security,” the company said.
- We are talking about a legislative initiative of the senators (Ted Cruz, Gina Shagin, Ron Johnson, John Barrasso and Tom cotton), which makes more stringent the sanctions against Nord stream in 2019. The project is called “About protection of the European energy security” – PEESA: Protecting the Europe’s Energy Security Act.
- The new bill provides for penalties against:
- companies that are involved in any pipe-laying works, including those companies which prepare the site for the works, equip the trench, exploring the bottom, and weld down pipe, covered the trench.
- companies providing services in insurance risk analysis, insurance and reinsurance pipe-lay vessels.
- companies that contribute to technological modernization of pipe-lay vessels, setting them on welding equipment.
- companies that provide services of testing, inspection or certification required for the operation of the Nord stream gas pipeline 2.
For the entry into force of the bill must be passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the President of the United States.
We will remind, on the eve of the U.S. Senate a bill to expand sanctions against the Russian gas pipeline Nord stream – 2.
As the Correspondent wrote, the sanctions will affect companies that insure Russian vessels involved in the completion of the project, and provide them with port services.
News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet
The United States intends to extend sanctions against Saitoti-2
Trump and Merkel argued for Saitoti-2 – media
Sands of sanctions to SP-2: the Plans have not changed
Berlin reacted to the statement by U.S. Ambassador on SP-2
The Cabinet reacted to the failure of Germany via the Nord Stream-2