Tu-154M fell under the Russian Smolensk on April 10, 2010
The district court in Warsaw sentenced the former head of the Prime Minister’s office Tomasz Arab to 10 months imprisonment suspended for two years for negligence in the organization of the flight of aircraft Tu-154M, crashed near Smolensk in 2010. About it on June 13 announced “Radio Poland”.
The verdict says that the Arab is allowed to organize a flight on the route Warsaw – Smolensk with President Lech Kaczynski and Polish officials on Board, although under international law, airport North could not accept planes such status.
In the ruling party “law and justice” welcomed the guilty verdict, but noted that the verdict is symbolic and not commensurate with the crime the convict.
The head of the opposition’s political club “Civic platform – the Civic coalition” Slawomir Neumann has called the court’s decision strange.
“It’s a bit strange decision in the sense that three days before the crash at the same airport, flew the Prime Minister, Donald Tusk, and before that, flew there other Polish officials. This disaster, of course, changed everything, but the responsibility for the Arab Tomasz Smolenski airport for me, however, is doubtful,” – he stressed.
Initially the Prosecutor demanded for the Arab one and a half years imprisonment, suspended for four years.
Tu-154M crashed near Smolensk on 10 April 2010. On Board was a Polish delegation headed by President Kaczynski.
In February 2016 Poland has initiated a re-investigation of the circumstances of the crash of Tu-154. In the Polish defense Ministry stated that the plane could disintegrate in the air.
3 April 2017, it became known that Poland intends to press charges of premeditated provocation of the tragedy near Smolensk two Russian air traffic controllers and the unknown man who was in the control tower of flights. The Kremlin has denied the charges.
In the film, a government sub-Commission of Poland of investigation of the Smolensk disaster, presented on 10 April 2017, it was said that on Board the Tu-154 plane before impact with the ground probably occurred the explosion of the thermobaric charge. October 14, 2017, the then Minister of defence of Poland, Anthony Macierewicz said that the investigation found the moment of explosion on the flight recorder from the plane Kaczynski.
In Sledkom the Russian Federation stated that he had checked the version on the explosion on Board the plane and found no evidence.
In April 2018 Polish government, the Subcommission declared that on Board the plane had been at least two explosions. In August, Russia announced that the Polish investigators will be able to inspect the wreckage.
September 7 Polish investigators in Smolensk completed the inspection of the wreckage of the Tu-154M.
On 12 October the parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe adopted a resolution demanding that Russia return to Poland the wreckage of the Tu-154M. 19 October, Russia refused to fulfill the requirement.