Oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico
Mexico can not afford a long time to allow the reduction of oil production at 100 thousand barrels, announced the authorities.
Mexico will not cut oil production in the second phase the execution of the transaction OPEC+, which will last from July to December of the current year. This was stated by the Minister of energy Rocio Nala, reports TASS on Wednesday, April 15.
“Next was the second phase of the agreement, from July to December 2020, when the country said it would cut production not already at 23% and 18%. We, Mexico, said, “We can’t do that, we restored production at 100 thousand barrels a day and remain on the current level of 1,753 million barrels per day,” announced the Minister.
We will remind, the agreement OPEC+ involves the reduction of oil production by 10 million barrels per day, and 9.7 million because of the position of Mexico. Also 300 thousand less will be the reduction throughout all stages of a two-year agreement.
Earlier on Wednesday it became known that the price of oil fell below $ 28 per barrel.
News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet
Fluctuations in oil prices
Trump wants to pay oil workers for refusing production – media
Trump said that normalize oil industry
The deal OPEC+ kept oil prices from collapse – the Kremlin
Trump has called “the beautiful” deal of the OPEC+
Trump and Putin discussed oil, coronavirus and space