Mendel said that surprised by the reaction Lutsenko to travel to people’s Deputy Yuriy Boyko and Chairman of political Council of party “Oppositional platform For life” Viktor Medvedchuk in Russia
The presidential administration does not understand what guided the attorney-General Yuriy Lutsenko, when I opened criminal proceedings concerning the statements of the representatives of the Ukrainian delegation in the trilateral contact group (TAG) in Minsk in the negotiations on the settlement of the situation in the Donbass.
This was during a briefing on 10 June in Kiev, said the press Secretary of the head of state Vladimir Zelensky Julia Mendel, the correspondent of the publication “GORDON”.
“The issue of criminal prosecutions of Lutsenko, of course, must be the second President of Ukraine, however, our position is that we do not understand what grounds was guided by the attorney-General having opened these things,” she said.
Mendel noted that the head of the Ukrainian delegation to the TAG Leonid Kuchma last week explained his statement on the lifting of the economic blockade and the shelling in response.
“We were surprised that the Prosecutor General of Ukraine did not react to the fact that Ukrainian parliamentarian Yuri Boyko and Ukrainian citizen [head of the political Council of the party “Opposition platform For life” Viktor] Medvedchuk went twice already in the aggressor country and met there with representatives of the aggressor country and the largest public company, and there is absolutely no legal solutions on this issue”, – said the speaker Zelensky.
In 2014, immediately after the annexation of Crimea, in Eastern Ukraine, Russia has begun armed aggression. Fighting underway between Ukraine’s Armed forces on the one hand, and the Russian army and Russian-backed militants, who control part of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, on the other. Officially, Russia does not recognize its invasion of Ukraine, despite Ukraine presented the facts and evidence.
In the conflict zone periodically declare a truce. At midnight on 18 April 2019 Ukraine unilaterally imposed a ceasefire in the Donbass, the militants violated it the first day.
3 Jun Kuchma said that Ukraine would initiate a ceasefire in the Donbass at the time of harvest.
Following the meeting of the TPC on 5 June, Kuchma said that the trilateral contact group has until June 19 to prepare proposals on ensuring the ceasefire in the conflict zone, which will be spelled out a ban on the return fire. The next day he explained that the words “not to shoot back” meant not to open fire in response to the attacks that fighters from residential areas or other places where they can be affected civilians.
7 Jun Lutsenko has informed that has opened three criminal proceedings in connection with the statements of the representatives of the Ukrainian delegation in Minsk for talks on the situation in the Donbas.