The Donetsk club will strengthen before next season
Sergei Palkin. Photo of FC “Shakhtar”
The Director General of Donetsk “Shakhtar” Sergei Palkin told about the upcoming changes in the team, and also thanked the players who leave the club. Earlier, Shakhtar sold in “Manchester United” midfielder Fred. And striker Facundo Ferreira has left the club as free agent and signed a contract with Benfica.
– Sergei Anatolyevich, Fred has passed in “Manchester United”. How was the negotiation?
– We negotiated with the representatives of the “United” more than two months. Since April they scout constantly present at all our home matches in Kharkiv. Jose Mourinho wanted to see Fred in the squad, Manchester United. The talks were interesting, and as I said earlier, we are fully satisfied with the terms of the agreement. Fred at Shakhtar since 2013, he has seriously grown as a player today and deserves to continue playing in a stronger League. I’m sure he will progress and improve your level. I wish him success in the Premier League. It’s nice that our former players – Willian, Fernandinho, Mkhitaryan and Fred – are in England for the top clubs who are fighting for first place.
– What about Bernard?
– Bernard and Facundo Ferreyra, wrapped up in Shakhtar. We thank both for the contribution to the development of the club. Last season they spent at the highest level, helped us to win the championship and the Cup. Facundo was the best scorer of the Premier League, all the time in the team in 115 games, scored for Shakhtar 59 goals and on this indicator was included in the top 15 scorers. Both left a noticeable trace in the history of the club. I am sure fans have the most pleasant memories about their game. Sad to leave, but life goes on and on place Bernard, Ferreyra, Fred will come new players – strong, ambitious, are appropriate to the level of Shakhtar.
– Fans interested in the fate of Darijo Srna…
– Darijo contract with the club ends on 30 June. In the near future will appear and official information on his future career.
– What is the future of Kayode? The rental period has expired?