Photo: hotline.finance How to change online payments in Ukraine
About the impossibility to pay for communal via the Internet and perform other monetary transactions online some media wrote.
Ukraine has tightened control over non-cash settlements. Updated requirements to the list of payers and recipients will enter into force on April 28.
Many media wrote that because of this, it will be impossible to pay utility bills online. The national Bank had to explain the new rules. Корреспондент.net tells details.
What is said in the new law on online payments
Some media reported that in may pay bills via the Internet will be stopped as from April 28, comes into force the law on prevention and counteraction to the laundering of money, which the Parliament was signed in the end of last year.
The law provides for two basic requirements:
- to carry out identification and verification of the payer
- to accompany the transfer of funds necessary list of data on the payer and the recipient
The media felt that such regular operations such as paying utility bills, money transfers, payment of goods and services online, the use of non-cash means will be impossible.
With reference to the Association of payment systems, the press reported that the national Bank had not established clear guidance on the procedure for remote authentication. And pass it at the moment possible only through BankID, which are only 14 banks.
In national Bank declared that this information is not true. As noted by the regulator, the new rules identify the payers do not cover the majority of payments.
Updated the requirements of the act do not apply to:
- housing and communal services, taxes, fines, other mandatory fees and charges, regardless of the amount
- the payment of the loan in the amount of 30 thousand hryvnias
- transfers for payment of goods and services purchased by the payer via a payment card or other electronic payment means, if her number accompanies the transfer. This rule applies regardless of the amount
- all cash transfers within Ukraine in the amount of five thousand hryvnia
- withdrawals from your own account
As explained by the NBU, the payment for communal services is considered a low risk operation, and it requires minimal attention and simplified identification measures.
The regulator stressed that banks sent explanatory recommendations and they have to prepare their systems in accordance with the provisions of the new legislation.
As explained by the managing partner of the consulting company Financial Studio candidate of economic Sciences Yevhen nevmerzhitsky, this law is drawn up in accordance with international law, and one of its main principles is risk-oriented.
“This means that measures to combat the financing of illegal activities should be appropriate to the risk. So such laws are in force in civilized countries, and regular transfers of small amounts is not affected”, – he said Facts.
There is no reason to expect any deterioration in the quality of the remote services after the entry into force of this law, the economist said.
Opening an account without going to Bank
On 15 April it became known that the national Bank prepared for financial and credit institutions the profound changes in the conduct of remote identification and verification of customers.
So, from 28 April to open an account in the new Bank visit to Bank branch or personal meeting with an agent Bank is not necessary.
NBU provides banks with several variations of mechanisms available, from which they will choose a suitable model.
Full models that do not include the limit:
- verification of the identity of the client using the BankID system of the NBU and the qualified electronic signature
- conducting the video identification
Simplified models, which assume the limit:
- verification using system BankID NBU
- verification using a qualified electronic signature
- the payment on a separate Bank account with a personal account of the client, which shall be accompanied by the name of the client
- remote reading of customer data from the chip of their biometric document by using the NFC module of the smartphone and the mobile apps Bank
- verification data from the credit Bureau with proof the client using the password received from the Bank for the financial phone number
News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet